My research interests lied in the intersection of Economics and Computer Science (EconCS ) encompassing topics such as
- Mechanism Design (various auction designs) and Algorithmic Game Theory
- Multi-agent Systems and Artificial Intelligence
My interestes have moved onto more empirical approaches from theoretical researches, tackling human-centered, real-world problems such as human computer interactions. Currenlty, I’m looking for jobs as a fullstack engineer position where I can contribute to by drawing for inspirations on other disciplines such as arts, philosophy and psychology.
Research Assistent at Algorithmic Game Theory Laboratory, Brown University
Spring 2018 - Fall 2018
- Participated in a project on neural networks that learns utility functions and optimal bidding price in various auction enviroments using Keras.
- Participating in Trading Platforms project that facilitates various trading environments and simulates agents’ bidding strategies.
Teaching Assistant at Brown University Computer Science
- Worked as a Head TA for Optimization Methods in Finance in the Department of Computer Science.
- Covered Linear Programming, Integer Programming, Index Funds, Convex Optimization, Portfolio Optimization, Interior Point Methods, Conic Optimization, Stochastic Optimization, Stochastic Gradient Descent.
- Held TA hours and graded assignments and simplex projects for 20 students every week.
- Worked as a TA for Artificial Intelligence in the Department of Computer Science.
- Covered Uninformed Search, Informed Search, Game Theory and Adversarial Search, Kowledge Representation and Reasoning, Classical Planning, Robot Motion Planning, Markov Decision Processes, Reinforcement Learning, Supervised Learning, Unsupervised Learning, Philosophy of AI
- Held TA hours and graded assignments with 13 other TAs for 100 students every week.
- Worked as a TA for Machine Learning in the Department of Computer Science.
- Covered Linear Predictors, PAC Learning and Uniform Convergence, Uncertainty and Naive Bayes, Model Selection, Validation, and Regularization, VC Dimension and Boosting, SVM, Kernel Methods, and Decision Trees, K-Nearest Neighbors and Neural Networks, Neural Networks, Clustering.
- Held TA hours and graded assignments with 18 other TAs for 100 students every week.
Software Developer Intern at Korbit
Aug 2014 - Jan 2015, Sep 2016 - Feb 2017
- Developed multi broker service (trading diverse cryptocurrencies) with React.js and Ruby on Rails in exchange market plat- form team
- Built Korbit pay API testing admin & internal dash board service using Express, New Relic API and Grails
Tech Talk Aug 2017
Serverless Architecture using AWS Lambda, S3, API Gateway and Cognito.
- The talk is about how serverless architecture operates and the reasons why you should move to a serverless architecture for your applications.
- I then dive into code and share what I learned from making a serverless note app using AWS Lambda, Cognito, S3, DynamoDb and API Gateway.
Humn Aug 2017 – Sep 2017
A mobile application that allows users to share playlists with friends regardless of their music streaming service such as sharing Spotify playlists to Apple Music.
- Integrated Swift classes into react native as modules in order to access an apple music user’s account.
- Designed serverless architecture using firebase authentication, realtime database and cloud functions.
AskAlvin Aug 2017
An interactive restaurant recommendation system utilizing Google Maps API
- Utilized Google Maps API to search and view relevant restaurant data
- Designed and implemented routes using Express and React to show information about a restaurant and recommender
- C, C++, Android, AWS(SPI Gateway, Lambda, Cognito, S3, DynamoDb), Heroku, Firebase
- Ruby & Rails, OCaml, Assembly
Fluent in English and Native in Korean
- Verbal (160, 86%), Quantitative (170, 96%), Writing (3.5, 41%)
- 113 (Reading: 29, Listening: 28, Speaking: 29, Writing: 27)
Like Lion Project Sponsored by Google, Jun 2014 - Sep 2014
- Selected to teach 21 non cs major students web programming using Python, Flask and Google App Engine
- Mentored a team at Google Hackathon who developed an application in d3.js
Korea University Business School Start-up Idea Competition 2ND PLACE
- Team ‘Lunchin’ – developed and verified campus social dining business model
Asian Students and Young Artists Art Festival Program
- Student Art Manager, Curator & Translator
- Acted as curator, seller and translator at the ASYAAF art exhibit ( sold 7 art pieces )
Member of Korea University Orchestra
- Trumpet player, president of Pipers (wind & brass subgroup under Korea University orchestra)
I’ve prepared this page in order to help people grasp a better understanding about me. Many projects I have done in the past inside and outside of schools are organized here and links to each project materials are listed down.
Another reason why I put this url as my web page is because I believe that writings of someone can best tell about who he or she is. This is where I usually write about various subjects around my life. I love writing and here, in the simplest, most intuitive way, I have expressed my ideas about such intriguing topics as Saab, swimming, people’s views on marriage and how to handle temptation for aberration which we confront everyday.
Although they’re in Korean, I hope you can get to know about me a little bit more when briefly taking a look at my pieces of writings. As always, Google translater can be a lot of help in the way.